Monday, January 4, 2010

Greeting the Day

I awoke today with the good intention to start the new year with exercise. I hadn't been to workout at Curves since the week after Thanksgiving. Where did December go? So I sat and drank my coffee and then drank some more and finally made the move to get dressed and out the door. When I get there the message on the check-in screen flashes....time for your weigh-in & measurements.....uh oh. I knew just by the way my clothes had been fitting that there was probably some weight gain, but I wasn't ready for the inches gained! Supposedly, I have gained 3 inches in my hips since this time last year and an inch in each thigh! The woman doing the dirty work started giving me a lecture on when you enter your 50's, how your body stores more fat, blah, blah, the rushing noise in my ears was drowning her out. So I put on my best "oh sure, I can remedy this" face and got to work on the machines.
And now we have all these new aches and pains associated with age. Today, my daily devotional (coincidentally) was about greeting the day. The author recommends you raise one's head from the pillow and utter that child prayer of gratitude, "Oh God, life again. Again, one more day of life." Hmmm, I already say that prayer alot, but I am not sure I put the emphasis on the right parts. So, I will work on not taking life for granted and trying to celebrate each new day with gratitude and thanksgiving. I sure will be glad when the new year starts getting old and these good intentions can be put to rest!

1 comment:

  1. I like the good intentions..I got up and did the treadmill and now I am heading to prayer session at ELife...keep the faith! Oh God, Life Again!!, One more day of life!!

    ReplyDelete