Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dim the Lights Dear


This blog has taken me all day to complete. I need to remember not to start writing on a weekend. There are way too many distractions and today there seemed to be more than usual.

I hope that hearing from Todd today that he is reading my blog, won't change how I approach my writing. I mean for heavens sake, he is my husband. He knows everything about me, all my anxieties, all my many issues, all my waking thoughts.....well, come to think about it, he may be about to learn more than he ever wanted to know. I believe he is about to shine a light on a whole other side of the woman he married.

One thing he does know, is that he is married to a woman of many moods. I don't think he realizes, however, that women don't have control over these rapid changes in our moods. Now I don't mean we are Sybil-esk, so to speak, with different personalities all unaware of what the other is doing. We can and do observe the takeover of these new selves, we just have to fade into the background and observe since the "visiting" self can be rather bold. Then later, when we emerge from the shadows, we prefer to not be reminded of what our "stand-in" did, said or threatened!

It is also possible Todd will come to realize just how much time his wife has on her hands. Or at least it might look that way to him. I don't just sit here all day and blog. I will get up and get coffee, or talk on the phone to Patty and sometimes I even get dinner started, before actually completing a blog. I mean it is winter. Usually I have fifteen or so hours a week devoted to golf otherwise! I am sure he will find my multi-tasking impressive instead of questionable.

Todd even gave me some material to use in a blog. He suggested I write about a recent episode involving my Nintendo DS stylus. I have been doing daily crosswords on the Nintendo and one evening discovered the stylus missing. After thoroughly questioning him and Carter about its whereabouts and conducting an all out search of the house, I had given it up for lost. I then began berating myself for probably having thrown it away, or some other ridiculous act as a result of my having "lost my mind". Well a few days later as I was shoving a foot into one of my boots, I felt a foreign object stabbing my toes. I quickly removed the boot, dumped it over and out fell the stylus! He found the outcome very interesting and gave me a stern lecture about not being so hard on myself. But he missed the point...how did the stylus get in my boot? Here is a picture of what it looks like.


I think the stylus story reinforces my reference earlier to the "many faces of Kasey". Wouldn't that be considered a ridiculous act during a mindless moment? As much as I try to piece together what events could have led up to the stylus ending up in my boot, I really can't come up with anything remotely logical.

I have to say I am glad Todd is reading my blog. I think he will come to a greater understanding of who I am and how my mind works. It will be healthy for our marriage that he gets to look at me in a whole other light. How many men get to learn so much about their wives' inner most thoughts and ideas? What a wonderful opportunity he must be thinking...... and in all likelihood, he will come to wish he had kept the light dimmer, maybe a whole lot dimmer!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts! I love it so much I want to print them all and make a book out of them! Love you

    ReplyDelete