Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dreaming, I must be dreaming....


I wanted to write about the dream I had last night because it was so bizarre and I feel if I don't write it down soon, the details will escape me. I will occasionally have these dreams where I feel like I am actually awake and participating in them. It is hard to explain, but usually it is when I have been having a hard time going to sleep and I seem to be in a half dreamlike state.
Anyway, I woke up around 2a.m. and could not go back to sleep. I turned on the tv and watched some episodes of Cheers and a Properties Virgin episode on HGTV and then switched to Fox News. I know I was still awake at 3:30. All of a sudden I feel this electrical impulse going through my entire body and I feel myself being lifted to the ceiling. I actually remember thinking I guess I am dying or possibly the rapture is occurring! But then I found myself just looking down at my empty bed and then I dropped onto it, and quite gracefully leaped from it to the floor. Then Todd was in the room and I told him what happened. The electrical buzzing feeling started again and I floated up about halfway to the ceiling and then dropped back to the floor. I cried out to Todd, what is happening? He just stared at me and said I guess I didn't see what you are talking about. Are you kidding me? I was so frustrated and was crying and then thought I felt it about to happen again. Instead, I was throwing my feet up in the air, but not going up! Obviously looking like I had lost my mind. Todd was just looking at me blankly. Carter walked in just then and said there was a national emergency announced on Fox news and I woke up.
I know, that is so bizarre. I was drenched in sweat and could only lay there thinking did that really happen? I then remembered when looking down from my vantage point (the ceiling) that it was light outside and I had thought to myself how could it be light at 4am. Also the bedding on my bed, was really nice.....so obviously not my bed and when I made the leap from bed to floor, it seemed like the room was bigger. I kept going over the details of the dream to convince myself it really didn't happen.
Is that strange or what? Should I have kept that story to myself?
I looked up the possible interpretation of such a dream and it said that I am rising above a negative situation or occurance. Hmmm, does that have something to do with the national emergency Carter was talking about, or is it that I am rising above Todd's shoulder injury? I have worried alot about Todd not taking it a little slower in fear he will reinjure the shoulder or make it worse. In fact, I said to Susan, why am I worrying if he is not....so there you go. I feel better, ....I think.

3 comments:

  1. you feel better? oh good,cause now I'm freaked out!!
    very very unsettling dream.
    on the other hand, love your music!

    ReplyDelete