Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fumble-ina

I remember Patty saying once that Mike told her she was going too fast when she was finding herself in the midst of klutzhood.
Not a day goes by lately where I don't drop something, spill something or break something. I just got through cleaning up my morning smoothie that I so cleverly dumped on the computer desk. Luckily it did not spill onto the keyboard. But I am disturbed by this sudden onset of clumsiness. I dropped and broke so many ornaments this Christmas that Todd told me to go sit down and relax and he would finish decorating. So you know it was serious! Is this just a symptom of getting older? Is this a stage of aging? Like Teagan is just learning how to do things, do we start unlearning? Do we reach a certain point in life and then boom our motor skills go in reverse? That is a depressing thought. If the stages in life are baby, toddler, child, teenager, adult, old person....what are the stages from adult to old person? Maybe we could insert the stages of grief there....shock & denial, pain, anger& bargaining, depression, reconstruction(this may start sooner) and then acceptance & hope.
Hmmm, I think I will stick with Mike's explanation....slow down, quit moving so fast, try to make adulthood last....(isn't that a song?)

2 comments:

  1. I love your songs!! : )
    I'm still moving too fast and still clumsy and I think your thoughts on it are very profound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post!
    And if it's a song you should add it to your music playlist :)

    ReplyDelete