Thursday, January 14, 2010

God is so Good!


I have been talking to Amber the last couple of days about Teagan's new tooth, Teagan's feeding schedule and her growth, etc. All things I remember worrying about when I was a new mother. The only difference is back then I didn't have a Grams to call to ask the questions, to fret, to be comforted. I am so thankful that I am here for Amber and for the relationship that we have.

I have memories of Amber as a baby, when I would look at her in awe and wonder and think how did I deserve something this amazing and how will she survive? At the time, I knew nothing about anything to do with raising a child. But even in all my ignorance and lack of experience, she kept growing, developing on schedule and filling my life in ways I had never thought possible.

I realize now in those times when I panicked and cried over how I could possibly do this job, God took it over. Just as He has done many more times in my 50 plus years. You just don't realize it at the time. It is not until you look back and say I don't know how I did this, or survived that and then it hits you, you really had nothing to do with it at all. He took over, He got me through it, He got Amber through it. He had a plan for her to be Teagan's mommy. And His plan for me continues....to be there to teach her about God's wisdom, His plans for her and His love that got her to where she is today.

So every time I see Amber's name on my caller id, I realize how truly blessed I am. I can be here for her, I can teach her, support her and calm those new mommy fears. How truly amazing it is to realize that all those years ago, holding my sweet new baby, that a plan was in place and what a joyous and wonderful plan it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment