Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Post-Op Thoughts

2/24 Today is day 8 after my surgery. All has gone well, or as well as expected. I have a bladder infection, which I was told was common. I don't mind being common, and I certainly don't want to develop anything uncommon.

I am very fortunate to be blessed with three caring sisters who have all taken good care of me during this recovery. They each have their own way of showing their love and compassion for my situation and each are irreplaceable. Thank you sisters!

2/26 Now it is day 10. Sue left on Day 9. I am feeling pretty good. The air bubble issues seem to be subsiding and at times I actually feel normal. But that is usually short-lived since then I do too much and subsequently collapse into "the chair".

The chair is the budget rocker/recliner we bought around the holidays for Amber to have in her room for rocking Teagan. Since then it served many nights as a bed for Todd following his shoulder surgery, and now it is my chair. We have it sitting out in the living room (rather close to the tv) with a tv tray/table beside it serving as my desk of sorts. When we bought that chair we had no idea how well it would be put to use. I remember both of us sitting in it up in Amber's room testing out the comfort and the mechanics. We thought we got a pretty good deal then, now we know we did!

I know one day I will look back on all of this and try to recall details of the days following the surgery. (Here it is already 3 years since Sue and Linda's procedures!) I hope the one thing I do remember is how thoughtful and caring my family and friends have been during all of this. It was probably one of the hardest decisions I have had to make, and their support and prayers have and continue to carry me through it all.

2 comments:

  1. i hope you are feeling great Kasey! :) i've been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Brooke, you are so sweet. Gavin is getting sooo big! He is a doll.

    ReplyDelete