Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Life is a Rotator Cuff


Okay, I found my way back. I was telling Patty about the blogsite and she asked how to get to it. Well, I wasn't sure. Now that would have been something if I started a blog and couldn't find it!

We are starting out the new year on a not so great note. Todd will have to have shoulder surgery. He tore his rotator cuff in a fall on the ice on Christmas eve. Something I have learned about Todd over the years, he just takes things in stride. I really admire that about him (among other things). I, on the otherhand, start thinking what did I do to deserve this, or why is this happening to me type thoughts. Then over time (sometimes over a long time) I come to realize that life just hands you trials where you are tested. A test of patience and attitude and probably more importantly, a test of faith. Todd gets an "A". And as much as I would like to think I would be awarded as such, I think I get a "C" (but with commendable effort). Another realization I have had, and believe me I have these palm to the forehead moments often, is that when you think you are in the drivers seat, think again. I don't believe in random occurances. So, if we are in the classroom of life (so to speak), I guess looking at another students's paper is encouraged? (Love you Todd)

2 comments:

  1. I am going to see if I can comment on your blog. That is a darling pic of Teagan by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I can comment. So I will comment again, in the school of life class I would get an F, but like Todd, Mike would also get an A. He seems to just take things in as they come with an "oh well" attitude that I just can't seem to get.
    I would like to do better but how do you get there?

    ReplyDelete